Saturday, July 31, 2010


Over 40 Years With Fibromyalgia

After living with Fibromyalgia for over 40 years and enduring pain, lack of knowledge and support by all the doctors I saw, I have finally achieved a quality of life that is highly productive...
When And Why Did My Fibromyalgia Start...

We are all told that the source of Fibromyalgia is unknown but that the most possible cause is physical or emotional trauma.
My story started very early in life, in fact, in my mother's womb.



I have known all my life that my mother never loved me or liked me and, even though she always has denied it, our relationship has always been toxic or caustic. One day when I was in my forties I attempted to get the truth from her. Finally, after many prior confrontations without result, she exploded and told (or rather barked at me), "OK, Anyes, you really want to know the truth?" To which I replied, "Yes, Mother, I REALLY want to know the truth."
She replied, "Well, I don't know if this thing 'that a fetus in the womb can feel anything physical or emotional' is 'bullshit' or not. But when I was pregnant with you, I tried to abort you seven times, and I did not succeed. So there you have it!"
Would you know, I felt relieved, because all of my life I knew deep down that I was unwanted, unloved, a burden, and she continued to try and 'abort' everything I undertook in life. It was the first validation of what I had felt and known all my life. But her treatment of me was always so insidious that I could never quite put my finger on what was wrong...
So, This is my theory...
I was born with a very tense , tight body, already athletic looking. I figure that, after trying to avoid all of her attempts at aborting me... I must have been a very busy and scared little fetus, trying desperately to avoid the hits I was subjected to and I came out like a little jock. I was literally born a survivor! But at what cost to me and the rest of my life.
Even in childhood I remember early symptoms, like being unable to sleep, having lots of cramps, restless leg syndrome, boiling extremities - to the point that I had to have a bucket of cold water next to my bed so I could dip my hands and feet in it for relief. Also I remember the pervasive sensation of NEVER feeling safe anywhere; not at school, and certainly not at home. This ongoing situation made me very anxious and depressed, not surprisingly. And I was a withdrawn child full of complexes of inferiority.

6 comments:

  1. You are truly an inspiration and champion in every way. It takes great heart and courage to take a "crisis" and transform it into "opportunity." You are a blessing to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Maddy for your wonderful, encouraging comments about my blog. You are the first person who responded, and what a response! Thank you,thank you. You gave me the incentive to keep doing it, so I have a new addition. Bless you! Anyes Daskal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Quite the story you have there and very inspiring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You! I appreciate your spending the time looking at my blog and leaving me a comment. There is much more where it came from so I hope you keep in touch.

    Anyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure will! And do drop by toemail sometimes, it's lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anyes,
    I have never posted on a blog but I fear I may have done it improperly the first time as it did not show up so I am posting for a second time. I really wanted to tell you how I felt about you....all the more after reading your blog. I am the orthopedic surgeon that used to take dance lessons from you. Yolanta and I miss your wit, charm and incredible teaching ability. I realized early on that you were brilliant. To read about your genius IQ is no surprise. I wanted to thank you for having given so many people countless hours of joy with your teaching. Our lives are better for having met you and having come to know you. Once again we miss you and love you.
    All the best,
    Robert

    ReplyDelete